So, this week was a little hectic. I had started my new job so I wasn’t able to buy some silver for my class for my bracelet because it’s a 9-5 job and all the silver places are closed by 4:30-5:30. :/ But, no worries, because this earrings are making sure I’ll crawl up the wall. :D
First, I had cut out cardboard to lift up the stones for a full appearance (and ugh, doing that for the very small stones drove me foaming). So, now I am setting in the stones and I already realized that I had fuck on this particular earring. Luckily my professor helped me in solving the problem so setting the stone was a pain in the ass because I had to use a screwdriver to wedge the silver out where it met with the solder.
And that took most of the class. But luckily I had time to re-tripoli it to bring out it’s luster. I was going to matte it as the final task in these earring with a matting tool and I needed to tape up places that I didn’t want matte up. So I did the taping and start on the matte brush.
… only to find out that the adhesive from the tape got all over the branch, as you can see that brownish gray gunk on the branch. FML. And class ended right after that.
So I can’t really do anything until next class which I will sand it briefly to try to get that matte look then we are working on the bracelet at WARP SPEED.
But these earrings will be done next class. My god, so frustrating.