December 8 was a really shitty day for me. It was the first day I was able to walk around without feeling like my lower back wanting to part ways with my upper body after recovering from a spinal tap (shit’s no joke, you really need a week of recovery via bed rest), then I got busted for a subway violation (walking between cars) and during the time I was running some errands, my back decided to give out. And oh, I lost my friends’ Christmas gift card and had to re-buy it. Yeah…
I somehow got to class (and was late because I couldn’t walk up a block with my back screaming but was limited in what I could do and had to constantly sit down for five minutes) and started to work on leaves that will be on the earrings. It, unsurprisingly, was a hard task to do because the leaves had to be at a certain size and fit with earrings. I just used the same method I used for the leaves of my Rose Quartz fruit earrings. Ameliorate, take straight lines with the florentine drill tool (which was the same tool that I used for the branch I couldn’t remember from last post, fyi), bang the front for the split then the back of it to give that bulbous looks that lush, mature leaves have, repeat. The hard part was that these leaves were small than the one of the Rose Quartz earrings I had and I kept screwing up the front groove having to redo them again. ;_;
And only managed to make two. Bah, back pain.
- ringomoon posted this